- Bladen county commissioners are asking voters to approve a $375,000 tax increase.
- If voters approve, commissioners promise to spend the new revenue on specified school needs.
- Commissioners are asking for a tax increase while ignoring the county manager’s proposed fiscal year 2011 budget that fulfills the commissioners’ “No Tax Increase” pledge.
- Bladen County schools have adequate funding from federal, state, and lottery sources.
- Federal funds alone bring in three times the amount received from the tax increase.